- Lessor: the representative(s) of SARL Logis du Soleil, registered in the French Chambre de Commerce de Grenoble under SIRET number 810.104.596.00012. The representatives are Marjolein and Paul Bogaards.
- Renter: the person whose personal information has been filled out on the booking form. The renter is also the contact person with the lessor.
- Rental agreement: the document booking form published on the website www.gite-en-chartreuse.com, that is filled in by the renter.
- Rental conditions: the document with this name published on the website www.gite-en-chartreuse.com that contains the conditions and provisions concerning the rental agreement.
- Rental price: the amount published on the website www.gite-en-chartreuse.com for the rent of Ancienne Ecole du Villard. Additional expenses for electricity, additional wood for the stove, rent of bed linen/towels and a security deposit are not included in the rental price.
- Rental sum: rental price + rent of bed linen/towels + VAT + Taxe de sejour. The rental sum is the amount that must be paid in advance.
Article 1. Legal Responsibility of SARL Logis du Soleil
- Is not liable for any disruption, alteration, or impediment of the stay of the renter(s), if this is the result of unforeseen or insurmountable events outside its will.
- Is not liable for inconveniences caused by the work of third parties, such as the municipality, province, etc.
- Rejects every responsibility for the loss, theft, or damaging of luggage, personal property, or vehicle, as well as for expenses arising from being unable to reach the holiday house on time as a result of delay.
Article 2. Reservations and Rental Price
Reservations can only be made by filling in and mailing the booking form published on the website. A reservation is valid from the moment that SARL Logis du Soleil has received the rental agreement and payment, and if it is confirmed by SARL Logis du Soleil.
Mailing the booking form entails that the renter has read and agrees to the stipulated rental conditions and complete description of the house he/she has rented. The document ‘Rental Conditions’ can be viewed on the website www.gite-en-chartreuse.com.
The rates of SARL Logis du Soleil have been calculated in EUROS (€) incl. VAT. Cost of meals, beverages, etc., are never included in the rental price. Additional expenses, such as cleaning, use of electricity, etc., are mentioned in the description of the house and are never included in the rental price, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Article 3. Payment of the Rental Price
Upon receiving the completed and signed rental agreement, SARL Logis du Soleil will send you the following documents:
- A booking confiramtion.
- An application for the down payment of the rental sum (rental price + final cleaning + rent of bed linen and towels) if the request has been received more than six weeks before the start date of the rental period. The down payment must be transferred to the indicated bank account within 5 days after receipt of the booking form. The remaining amount must be transferred to the indicated bank account at least six weeks for the start date of the rental period. An invoice can be made at the end of the stay.
- An application for the payment of the full rental sum if the request has been received within six weeks before the start date of the rental period. The full amount must be transferred to the indicated bank account within 5 days after receipt of the booking form. If the payment terms stipulated above are not met, the renter will receive a letter requesting payment of the remaining amount within 5 business days. If payment is still not made, this will be viewed as a cancellation of the rental application by the renter and the cancellation conditions of article 4 will apply. At the same time, SARL Logis du Soleil has the right to offer the house to another renterUpon receiving the full rental sum, the travel papers will be sent to the renter by post. This includes all necessary information concerning the route description, address, telephone number, and the name of the representative who will handle the reception
Article 4. Cancellation by the Renter
Every cancellation must be reported to SARL Logis du Soleil via email. To limit the damage resulting from a cancellation, we recommend that you take out cancellation insurance with your insurance company.
SARL Logis du Soleil charges the following amounts, depending on the cancellation date of the renter:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks before the start of the rental period: 25% of the rental price
- Cancellation between 6 and 4 weeks before the start of the rental period: 50% of the rental price
- Cancellation between 4 and 2 weeks before the start of the rental period: 75% of the rental price
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the start of the rental period: 100% of the rental price If the renter does not make use of, or leaves, the holiday house before the end of the rental period, he/she is not entitled to any restitution.
Article 5. Cancellation by SARL Logis du Soleil
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, SARL Logis du Soleil has to cancel a rental agreement, the renter will immediately be informed of this and restitution of the down payment will occur. If the cancellation of the rental agreement is not the result of force majeure, SARL Logis du Soleil will also pay the renter an additional amount of 20% of the rental price as the usual compensation for damages and inconvenience.
Article 6. Complaints and Disputes
A complaint will not be taken into consideration if it has not been reported by telephone and via mail within 48 hours after renter has arrived at the holiday house. The same rule applies if, during the stay in the holiday house, a serious event occurs.
If the renter refuses to use the holiday house, because the state of the house does not match his reasonable expectations, he/she must immediately contact SARL Logis du Soleil. If it is not possible to reach an agreement, the renter must have his/her complaint verified by an expert, a bailiff, or a notary, in order to obtain an objective judgment.
The current booking form has been drawn up according to and must be interpreted by French law. All disputes that could arise from this contract exclusively fall under the jurisdiction of the French cantonal court.
Article 7. Description
All information on the SARL Logis du Soleil website concerning the holiday house, the layout, the furniture, or the present utilities has been provided in good faith, on the basis of the owner’s information. If this information changes between the moment the reservation is made and the start of the rental period, SARL Logis du Soleil will inform the renter about this. However, SARL Logis du Soleil cannot be held accountable for such alterations. If, despite the utmost care, the information concerning the holiday house, the layout, the furniture, the maximum number of guests, or the present utilities proves to be incorrect, the renter must immediately inform SARL Logis du Soleil of this, to give SARL Logis du Soleil the opportunity to remedy such problems if possible. All information concerning tourism and sports activities has been provided by third parties and falls outside the responsibility of SARL Logis du Soleil.
Article 8. Arrival and Departure
The arrival in a holiday house takes place from 16h00 on, unless otherwise agreed upon. We recommend that you contact the representative who handles the reception by telephone the evening before departure, in order to agree upon a precise time and place, and to call again if the appointment has to be altered due to unforeseen circumstances. If this procedure is not followed, SARL Logis du Soleil cannot be held responsible if the renter cannot enter the house immediately upon arrival. The renter must leave the holiday house no later than 10h00 am on the day of departure.
Article 9. Maximum Number of Guests
No more than the number of people stated in the rental agreement may stay in the house provided by SARL Logis du Soleil. If this number is exceeded, the representative handling the reception may deny access to these additional people. If, at a later time, additional people come to stay at the house, unbeknownst to the representative handling the reception, an additional 25% of the rental price will be immediately claimable per additional person. If necessary, this 25% will be deducted from the security deposit.
Article 10. Pets
Pets are not welcome in the holiday house.
Article 11. Smoking
Smoking is strictly prohibited in the holiday house.
Article 12. Security Deposit
The security deposit must be paid at the moment of your arrival. The security deposit is €500. This deposit will be given back during your departure from the holiday house. Costs for electricity use, possible costs for additional use of wood for the stove, and the possible costs for the repair of damage to the house or interior established after departure will be deducted from the security deposit.
Article 13. Additional Costs
The costs for electricity will be deducted from the security deposit. The meter readings are recorded upon arrival and departure. The applicable rates per kWh are stated on the page Rates under ‘Not included’.
Article 14. Cleaning
You must find the house clean and tidy. If this is not the case, please report this immediately to the representative handling the reception, so he/she has the opportunity to remedy the situation. Moreover, the renter must report this to SARL Logis du Soleil within 24 hours. The representative who handles the reception and departure will inspect the house together with the renter. Mandatory final cleaning is carried out by us. We charge 90 euros, payable during your stay. We ask you to leave the house neat and tidy in the same condition you entered it. If you use the oven or wood burning stove we expect you to leave it clean. The dishwasher has to be emptied.